Put together a team and build a racing outhouse!
Otherwise, please come as a spectator... it's going to be a blast! Proceeds provide support for the NAJA Shrine Kid's Transportation.
Call Troy at 605-578-2708.
2021 NEMO 500 Outhouse Races Rules
1. Outhouse can only be human powered. No electric, solar, or gas powered assistance. Outhouse must have four walls, roof, doorway, and a seat with at least one hole. It may have a door, but the door must remain securely open during the race.
2. Outhouse must be a minimum of nine square feet at the base, and a maximum overall width not to exceed six feet (including grasping or pushing devices). A minimum height of five feet from the floor to the highest point of the roof.
3. Any number and size of wheels or skis may be used.
4. Any device for pushing or pulling the outhouse may be used except ropes. All pushing or pulling devices must be secured solid.
5. Outhouses may be built from any material but glass and must be structurally sound.
6. Each entry must have an Outhouse name that is to be displayed on each side of the structure. Sponsors names may be displayed anywhere on the outside.
7. There will be three age divisions.
Division 1: 12-25 Division 2: 26-45 Division 3: 46 and over
Age divisions will be determined by average team ages. Add all team members' ages and divide by number of team members.
If you don't have a Racing Outhouse, one can be provided. The Nemo Guest Ranch has a shared outhouse, the ThunderBox! Team members can quickly decorate it with their Team's Theme Banners before their race run (staples work best).
1. TEAM CHECK IN 10:00am
2. The team must consist of two to five people, one must ride inside.
3. Helmets and adequate safety equipment are highly recommended for all members. We highly recommend ice cleats.
4. Passengers in Outhouse must be 12 years old or older, there is no weight limit.
5. Handles or seat belts are required for Outhouse riders
6. Team is to dress to reflect the theme of their entry.
There will be a mandatory pit stop at mid race for a fire-drill. Each member must run around the Outhouse three times and the rider must switch places with one of the pushers. Each team member will be required to place a color coded roll of toilet paper on a color coded plunger in order of color scheme provided at race time. The race will be timed from start to finish, the objective is to get the lowest time to win.
Nemo Guest Ranch 605-578-2708 www.nemoguestranch.com
February 27, 2021, OUTHOUSE RACE TEAM INFORMATION